Tragedy struck in Badagry, Lagos,
yesterday, when a three-month-old infant,
Abiodun Alabi was burnt to death.
The fire incident occurred at Wazobia
Junction, Tako 11, when a new mother,
who lives in a self contained apartment
with her 10year old son and 3 month old
daughter, went to a night vigil and left her
10 year old son to watch the infant.
It’s alleged that before she left the
apartment, she lit a candle in the
apartment because there was no electricity.
Her husband wasn’t home at this time
because he travelled a lot as a transporter.
The 10 year old boy left both his younger
sister and the candle at home and headed
for a neighbour’s apartment to watch
television and eventually passed the night
Unfortunately the candle burnt out
completely which led to a fire outbreak that
consumed the entire apartment which
burnt the infant to death before help could