Eid Mubarak 2017: Here are quotes, messages and greetings to wish someone happy Eid
Ramadan ended yesterday with the festival of Eid starting this weekend on Sunday June 25.
The lesser of the two Eid celebrations – known as Eid-al-Fitr – lasts for 24 hours from Sunday evening and finishes on Monday evening and is dependent on sighting the new ‘Shawwal moon’.
The festival is all about celebrating the breaking of the fast as well as celebrating Allah and him giving people the willpower for Ramadan.
There are plenty of events going on across the country for Eid, as well as prayers at local mosques.
Here are some greetings, quotes and poems to share with loved ones.
The best way to wish someone a happy Eid is with the traditional greeting ‘Eid Mubarak’ but telling loved ones ‘Blessed Eid’ is a charming alternative.
Five quotes from the Koran
1) O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace [Islam]. Do not follow in the footsteps of Satan. He is an outright enemy to you. (Koran: 2, 208)
2) The taking of one innocent life is like taking all of mankind… and the saving of one life is like saving all of mankind. (Koran, 5:33)
3) I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path [the truth]. (Koran 11:55-56)
4) He is the One God; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, most wise. (Koran 59:24)
5) Whoever desires to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds and not associate anyone in the worship of his Lord. (Koran – 18:110)
Five messages to share with loved ones
1) Sending you warm wishes on Eid and wishing that it brings your way ever joys and happiness. Remember me in your prayers.
2) In every shared smile and laughter; In every silent prayer answered; In every opportunity that comes your way – may Allah bless you immensely! Eid Mubarak
3) May Allah bring you joy, happiness, peace and prosperity on this blessed occasion. Wishing you and your family on this happy occasion of Eid! Eid Mubarak!
4) May Allah flood your life with happiness on this occasion, your heart with love, your soul with spiritual, your mind with wisdom, wishing you a very Happy Eid.
5) May the magic of this Eid bring lots of happiness in your life and may you celebrate it with all your close friends & may it fill your heart with wonders. Eid Mubarak