Catfish peppersoup is one of the most delicious Nigerian dishes and also one of the easiest to Cook. It is called”point and kill” and that’s because when you go to buy it you point at the one you want and it is killed immediately.
- 1 catfish (cleaned and cut into 4-6 pieces)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 small habanero pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1 stock cube
- 1 tablespoon pepper soup spice (can be found at a local market)
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 1 basil leaf
- Salt to taste
1. Soak the fish in a bowl of cold water, three minutes prior to cooking. This is to prevent the fish from falling apart.
2. Put the fish in a pot over medium heat and add three cups of water.
3. Season with the stock cube, salt, onions, pepper, and crayfish. Boil for 10 minutes.
4. Add pepper soup spice. Boil for additional three minutes.
5. Serve immediately.
Source: The guardian Nigeria.